β-Mannanase is a new type of enzyme that reacts with the mannan
(Glucomannan, Galactomannan, etc.) in feed. It can be used in a
variety of feed to improve its digestibility, thus increasing the
animal’s production performance and efficiency
Definition of activity
One unit (U) of mannanase is defined as the quantity of enzyme,
which liberates 1μmol reducing sugar per minute from 3mg/mL mannan
solution at 37℃, pH5.5.
Anti-nutrient Effect of Mannan
Mannan, the most widely used hemicellulose in plant-based feed
materials, is a non-starch polysaccharide (NSP). It is commonly be
found in plant feed and high level feed meals, particularly in
soybean meals (Table 1). Some non-conventional meal mixes, such as
palm or coconut meals, can also hold high amounts of mannan (up to
25% ~ 35%).
Table1 Mannan Content in Various Feedstuffs
Total mannan (%)
Dehulled soybean meal(44%)
1. It interacts with lipid micelles and polysaccharide-protein
complexes found inside the intestinal tract, thus reducing
2. It combines with some digestive enzymes and bile salts,
preventing them from fulfilling their role as a digestion helper
and affecting the digestion and absorption of fat, which lowers the
feed’s net energy value.
3. Nutrients are enwrapped by mannan, making them hard to digest,
and increasing chyme viscosity and destroying the physiological
balance, thus affecting the health of livestock and poultry.
4. It interferes with the secretion of insulin and other
insulin-like substances, degrading the absorption rate of dextrose
in the intestine and of carbohydrates. Thus reducing the energy
value of feed
1. High mannan specificity, especially effective in decomposing the
mannan of feed meals.
2. The advanced technique of submerged fermentation and unique
post-production techniques means a more effective product.
3. Activity over a broad pH range (2-7.5) ensures that the best
effect in the animal’s digestive tract is achieved.
4. The amount of feed required is decreased through increasing feed
utilization, thus reducing cost. This has been proven in numerous
tests with β-Mannanase in feed.
Table 2 The effect of metal ion on the enzyme activity of acid
Relative enzyme activity/%
Note: + stands for positive effect, - stands for negative effect; 0
stands for unobvious effect( within 10%)
1. Reducing chyme viscosity, increasing the absorption and
digestion rate of nutrients
2. Decomposing the mannan, lipopolysaccharide and protein bonds,
enhancing the absorption of fat and increasing the energy value of
3. Eliminating the combination between mannan and bile salt,
digestive enzymes, thus improving the digestion enzyme activity.
4. Breaking down the cell wall, releasing the nutrients inside.
5. Mannose, decomposed mannan, can reduce the spread of pathogenic
bacteria in the intestinal tract, protecting the integrity of the
mucosa and promoting the proliferation of helpful bacteria, such as
the bifidobeacterium, lessening diarrhea occurrences and ultimately
improving the production performance of the animal.
Specifications and Usage
We recomment by adding 50g/T (1000U/g β-Mannanase) into compound
feed when used alone. The effect will be more pronounced when used
with other enzymes, adjust accordingly.
Package and Storage
Packaging: 25kg/bag; liquidβ-mannanase: 30kg per plastic barrel.
Store in original package under sealed, room temperature condition
for 12 months to solid form, and 6 months to liquid form (less than
Avoid to be exposed to the sun, rain, high temperature and high
Offer β-mannanase usage formula, enzyme activity test and related
product technical service to ensure the using result.